[TriLUG] cdrecord

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Apr 8 16:28:24 EDT 2003

The author could certainly choose to release future versions/revisions
of the code under a license other than the GPL, yes.  And authors can
release code simultaneously under other licenses.    But one of the
whole points of the GPL is that authors cannot restrict modification and
redistribution.

The question I guess is whether the terms listed in the code comment are
considered a modification to the license or not.  I don't think you're
really allowed to modify the GPL itself.  The GPL does allow you to
limit geographical redistribution in section (8), but I don't see any
other provisions that allow you to adjust how it works, other than a
court order.

--Jeremy