[TriLUG] iptables - sometimes stops working

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 11:04:49 EDT 2003

--- Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I had a similar problem once.  It wasn't IPTables but the network driver
> I was using for the NICs.  The driver worked fine for one NIC but not
> two.  I replaced one of the network cards with a different type (and
> different driver) and all worked happily every after.
>
> HtH - Jon Carnes

That's an interesting thought.  I think the RH 8.0 system I'm dealing with has
an integrated intel and a PCI Netgear FA310TX.  I've also experienced this on a
machine with an PCI 3com 3C509C-TX and a PCI Netgear FA310TX.  At home I
splurged a bit and I have a PCI Intel Ethernet Pro 100 (dual port nic).  None
of these I would consider "non-standard" or "generic".  They are the most
popular cards as far as I know.

David M.