[TriLUG] iptables - sometimes stops working

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 9 14:50:31 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 06:58:41AM -0700, Turnpike Man wrote:
> line.  The anomaly I'm having is this:  I have a training lab setup in the
> corporate office.  That lab is separated from the production network by a linux
> machine running iptables.  That way folks can create their own domains, cross

Is the firewall getting it's 'outside' address from the corp network via
dhcp?  This sounds like what would happen if your DHCP lease expired, you
were assigned a new ip, and your rules were not re-set to expect the new ip
on the external interface.

--Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net