[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] Meeting TONIGHT! Internet Radio Linking Project

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Thu Apr 10 14:13:22 EDT 2003

Just a quick reminder.  We have a meeting tonight!

The next meeting will be this Thursday - April 10, 2003 at 7:00pm in the
Dreyfus auditorium of RTI [1]. This month, our topic is the Internet
Radio Linking Project (IRLP) [2]. The aim of this project is to link
radio systems separated by long distance without the use of expensive
leased lines, satellites, or controllers.

The IRLP uses Voice-over-IP software running on Linux and the power of
the Internet to link your radio site to the world. The system uses its
own custom interface board and software suite which makes interfacing
disparate radio systems simple and cost effective.

IRLP volunteers run a large network of dedicated and part-time servers
and nodes to offer the very best in voice communications. The IRLP
amateur radio network reaches hundreds of towns and cities across North
America and the world, including 1 node in Antarctica, linking them all
with a full dynamic range, telephone quality sound.

Please come and join us!  As always - free meeting, free membership and
free pizza!

[1] http://trilug.org for directions
[2] http://www.irlp.net

--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak