[TriLUG] Good budget priced inkjet for Linux?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 11 17:16:33 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 16:52, Robert Floyd wrote:
> The problem I'm having may be more related to my notebook setup. I run
> Linux on a notebook and connect to the Gateway via Wi-Fi. While I can
> connect to shares on that box, I cannot get SuSe to print to the
> printer. When I run YaSt, it sees the remote printer, but, when I try to
> print test pages, nothing happens at all...no error messages and no
> output. And I am an extreme Samba newbie, especially when it comes to
> printing.
>
> Thanks for you advice and recommendations.

Take a look at the smbspool file that you are using.  On some systems
there are two versions installed (one by the printing system and one by
Samba). You should use the one that comes with your Samba.

Another problem that I've seen is that you sometimes have to create a
link for the printing system pointing it to the Samba supplied smbspool
file.

<I've been playing with printing in prep for the RHCE>

Jon