[TriLUG] ANy interest in VoIP on Linux? How about AoIP?

Mark Shuford davemarcus at pobox.com
Sun Apr 13 15:47:42 EDT 2003

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:35:36 -0400
"Jim Ray" <jim at neuse.net> wrote:

> As long as the bandwidth is 20kHz instead of 3.4 kHz, emphatic "yes."

Well, I have to say that 20k bandwidth is quite a bit more than 'voice'!
The 3k is all the phone company gives you, after all.

And VoIP for wireless musical sounds like overkill to me. As a matter of fact packet switched for wireless musical doesn't recommend itself to me at first or second glance. Of course, I'm interested in discussion here.

And for that matter I'm not completely sold on digital audio for the highest quality by any means.

And I missed the April TriLUG meeting on Internet Radio Linking Project (IRLP) so that might have been a good place to start.

--
Mark Shuford

Now I know what a statesman is; he's a dead politician. We need more statesmen.
					--Bob Edwards

Visit me at: http://www.krazeemark.com  (Got the blog up...)