[TriLUG] RR Woes

Douglas Hardison warlock at grapeape.org
Mon Apr 21 18:05:07 EDT 2003

I experienced similar problems about two months ago. I could maintain
a connection, but ping times were horrific and packet loss around 90% or so.
A tech did come to my house, and after poking around
for quite a while, he finally replaced my modem. As soon as it was
plugged in, the connection went back to normal. Granted, I did have an older
cable modem ( provided by RR ), not the Surfboard variety I see being
issued lately.  I did find it stange that this occurred immediately after a
scheduled RR maintenance window.

Douglas