[TriLUG] Postfix gurus?

Daniel Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Wed Apr 23 13:27:39 EDT 2003

Any Postfix gurus on the list?  I currently have a box that serves as my
Internet mail gateway... mail to our domain hits this box and then it is
routed to our internal mail system (Notes, not that it really matters).  I
want to put a system running Postfix between the Internet and this gateway.
So basically, the Postfix box will accept the mail from the Internet for
our domain and then pass it on, regardless of who it is addressed to, to
the original gateway.

Why?

It is a proof on concept.  Currently the mail gateway is a HP/Compaq/DEC
Alpha running Tru64 5.1.  The MTA is PMDF from Innosoft.  It is a great MTA
but doesn't lend itself to easy integration with Spam Assassin.  I want to
run SA on the Postfix machine for a while... sort of a test drive.  If it
works out I'll consider dropping PMDF and running Postfix/SA on the Alpha.

--
Daniel Monjar
Manager, Technical Services