[TriLUG] Server: Debian or Mandrake?

Mark Shuford davemarcus at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 15:42:10 EDT 2003

I throw in w/ Brandon.
While pholosophicly leaning toward Debian and thinking that Mandrake
seems to take the best pieces from everwhere; I'm planning a switch. for
my public server machines, to OpenBSD. The lineage of it appeals to me,
along with its reputation for high security.

I lean toward OpenBSD, as opposed to FreeBSD (which has been getting the
attention from publishers and is closer to the actual old-shool Berkley
personell), due to the fact that OpenBSD is a Canadian product and
therefore not as limited in its choices of crytography methods employed
in the kernel and the included packages.

So it goes...