[TriLUG] Speaking of ntp: that would be a great service for Trilug to provide.

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Tue Apr 29 13:29:09 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 12:13:37PM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
> In the end, if there's enough interest in it, I'm sure we'll see what we
> can do.  But I do not think it's a good idea.

While I think TriLUG running this service might be feasible for NC
folks, I do agree with Mike here.

/usr/share/doc/ntp/README.Debian.gz on my machine has emblazoned:
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/servers.html
It took approximately one minute to find the public servers and
configure /etc/ntp.conf on my machine. Believe me, I'm pretty clueless
about NTP.

Of course whichever route both short- and longterm, I'm cool with. :)

-Dan

Dan Chen                crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key: www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc