[TriLUG] OT - trolling for sony picturebook info

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 29 16:28:02 EDT 2003

Hey all.  Does anyone on the list use a Sony Picturebook with a Linux distro loaded?  I know there are several models of picturebooks and I'm thinking about one of the smaller one with the Transmeta processor.  Rumor had it that the micro-picturebooks are being discontinued?  Is there any truth to this?

What I'm really interested in is are the picturebooks worth the money?  Do they run reasonably quickly or are they slow?

I'm going to need *nix laptop for a project and it has to be portable.  My iBook is a good fit - but a tad big to lug around all the time, everywhere I go.  Installing a Linux disrto on my PDA is kind of out of the question due to a lack of a keyboard and very limited processing power.  I'm looking for something between these two hence my query.

If there is a better fit for a very small, light, and portable laptop other than a Sony Picturebook I'm all ears for any suggestions.

Greg