[TriLUG] Python-Mailman question

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri May 2 10:10:55 EDT 2003

On Thursday 01 May 2003 05:24 pm, Jon Carnes wrote:
> If it helps in your decision, you don't really need to upgrade, you can
> simply install Python 2.2 on the server (in it's own directory) and then
> when you re-install Mailman, use a switch on the ./configure line to
> point the install to the version 2.2 of python.

Ahh... ahem... I also have Pyhton-2 installed in the system:
python2-2.2.2-11.7.3

How do I know which one is in use by Mailman?

> Another data point: Mailman version 2.0.13 was written with backwards
> compatibility to earlier versions of python, but was optimized to run on
> version 2.1 (works great on 2.2 as well).

So maybe Mailman-2.1.x will run somewhat faster?

> Jon Carnes

Thank you for all your input. I'll keep investigating.

Salut,
Sinner
--
Stallman Reads my Tutorials! soon on http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux User # 89976