[TriLUG] Python-Mailman question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu May 1 17:24:55 EDT 2003

If it helps in your decision, you don't really need to upgrade, you can
simply install Python 2.2 on the server (in it's own directory) and then
when you re-install Mailman, use a switch on the ./configure line to
point the install to the version 2.2 of python.

Another data point: Mailman version 2.0.13 was written with backwards
compatibility to earlier versions of python, but was optimized to run on
version 2.1 (works great on 2.2 as well).

Jon Carnes