[TriLUG] Python-Mailman question

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu May 1 16:53:27 EDT 2003

All,

I'm using PMP (Pyhton-Mailman-Postfix) on a Red Hat box. Postfix runs fast and
great. Python is there, being used by Mailman... and Mailman is slow. It's
objectively slow: it takes around 6 minutes to deliver a message to a mailing
list... and when gets a que of messages for a mailing list, it uses up as
much CPU as it can grab.

Is this normal?

Would I increase performance upgrading Python? I've noticed that Python is in
the 2.x versions now. (how difficult could it be to upgrade Python on a Red
Hat production server?)

Soft Specs:
postfix-1.1.7-2
python-1.5.2-43.73
mailman-2.0.13
ext3
Red Hat Linux 7.3

Hard Specs:
Pentium-III-550
1.3G RAM
FAST-20 WIDE SCSI disks

Salut,
Sinner
--
Stallman Reads my Tutorials! soon on http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux User # 89976