[TriLUG] RR setup - works but ifconfig shows no tx on eth0

Ken Wahl ken at kenwahl.org
Wed May 14 13:46:10 EDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 11:13:03AM -0400, Ben Pitzer wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Have you contacted tech support yet?  If they can't seem to help you (Tier 1
> will simply ask you to reboot and reset your modem at the same time), and
> you don't feel like you're getting anywhere with them, send me your cable
> modem MAC, and I'll see if I can see what things look like from this end.
> So far as tech support is concerned, pretend that you have a Windows 2000 or
> 98 box that you're using, and don't mention that it's Linux.  The number of
> collisions makes me believe that it's either an issue of the ethernet cable
> that you're using, or something is wrong either at the card side, or the
> modem side.

I just switched out the ethernet cable and have the same problem.

Could it be the NIC?  It's a Linksys LNE100TX.  It uses the tulip driver and
it's listed in /etc/modules.conf

alias eth0 tulip

Here is dmesg output for dmesg | grep eth0

divert: allocating divert_blk for eth0
eth0: ADMtek Comet rev 17 at 0xf88e4000, 00:04:5A:7F:D0:D0, IRQ 11.
--
Ken Wahl  ken at kenwahl.org  http://www.kenwahl.org