[TriLUG] linux apps on desktop that support *.mdb, *.vsd, *.dwg and *.mpp

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed May 14 07:39:40 EDT 2003

Well, taking a *.doc file, opening it w/ openoffice and using *.sxw from there was no prob.  However, I'm inevitably going to run into folks that have gone astray and that have created a database, visio drawing, autocad drawing and/or project file.

What's the best way to handle the situation?  If there are linux apps that do the trick, I'd surely like to know about 'em before running some kinda win emulator.  Even if there were a file filter/translator thingie and i had to learn a new app, I'd opt for new app over upteen layers of code executing together nicely.

HTH&L,

Jim