[TriLUG] Three questions about Knoppix

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Tue May 13 14:24:16 EDT 2003

Well, I already know of another "easy method" of  installing Debian. It's
called "Libranet", and a review of how easy it was to install was very
glowing in Lockergnome's Penguin Shell Newsletter.
     Apparently there are also some other good GUI installation
distributions of Debian as well, although I haven't memorized their names.
If anyone has info on Libranet or any of the others, I would appreciate
hearing about it. Hope everyone is doing well.
   On another subject, I didn't think I was going to enjoy the last Trilug
program, simply because since I deal with Dbase all the time (once you
become relatively proficient in something that will run on DOS--you just
don't want the hassel of a GUI getting in the way), and a total lack of
interest in the topic. But I was wrong. The program's interest for me was
the fact that Oracle was "forced" to create a version of their software for
Linux. I've also noted that Red Hat's stock has been a lot firmer of late,
no doubt reflecting this and other favorable circumstances. Also the big bad
wolf has started it's howls again against Linux. Stand bye for his "huffs
and puffs" in your brick Linux house!!--Al Johnson.