[TriLUG] Help with i810_audio

Steven Blanchard sgblanch at email.unc.edu
Fri May 16 15:34:14 EDT 2003

I recently converted my redhat 7.3 box into a debian/testing box with a
2.4.18 kernel. The audio chipset is a sis7012 which uses the i810_audio
module. I have finally gotten it working with debian, but it is locked
at 48kHz. To my knowledge, There was no such restriction on the card
under rh7.3. Maybe redhat has patched this driver in their kernel. If
anyone can shed light on this, I'b eternally greatful. A copy of
/usr/src/linux-2.4/drivers/sound/i810_audio.c from a redhat box would
not hurt either...

Thanks
~Steven