[TriLUG] question for RPM gurus

Mark Turner markt at siteseers.net
Fri May 23 07:41:35 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 01:01, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Instead, ask yourself if you think
> these files will ever be used with any other package.

True, good rule of thumb. The only reason I considered it at all is that
the "base" files seemed to be on a different development track than the
source. Downloading the base files again at (33MB!) whenever you wanted
to update to the latest code seemed wasteful. After studying it closer,
though, the code and base files apparently are released together.

> ftp://ftp.trilug.org/linux/mandrake/Mandrake/9.1/contrib/SRPMS/
> flightgear-0.9.1-3mdk.src.rpm

Yes, I used this as my starting point. My goal is simply to make my RPM
match the RH OS dependencies. Thus the new RPM.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Mark