[TriLUG] Exchange replacement

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri May 23 12:13:47 EDT 2003

At my employer, we use GroupWise for central calendaring (as well as
email).  While GroupWise is generally an annoying piece of software, on
both the client and server side, the "busy search" feature of the
calendaring is invaluable in planning meetings.  It only works if
everyone maintains their calendar in GroupWise however, and since
there's no client in Linux to update this calendar, I have to use a
spare Windows machine to update mine.  (I can get the GroupWise e-mail
via IMAP so that's no problem for Evolution.)

I have heard that there is work towards an open-source calendar server
that could work with clients such as Evolution, but I don't know what
its current status is.

--Jeremy