[TriLUG] sendmail question -ONoRecipientAction=Add-To-Undisclosed

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri May 23 16:39:13 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 16:09, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> Woops.  Going back to your original message, I can see you did specify
> what you put in sendmail.mc.
>
> On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 12:28 PM, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
>
> > I've put this in sendmail.mc, rebuilt sendmail.cf, and restarted the
> > daemon:
> > 	define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to-undisclosed')dnl
>
> Did this end up putting a line in your sendmail.cf that looks like:
> O NoRecipientAction=add-to-undisclosed
>
> (there shouldn't be a comment in front of it either, of course)

Yes, the line "O NoRecipientAction=add-to-undisclosed" shows up in
/etc/sendmail.cf.  And I also tried changing another option as a sanity
check to make sure sendmail really was reading the same sendmail.cf that
I've been rebuilding.  [Yes I've been restarting sendmail each time!].
I uncommented the DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
line, rebuilt, and indeed sendmail started listening on 127.0.0.1 only
instead of on all interfaces.  So I don't think I'm making any stupid
mistakes here.

But I think I'm going to look at it again Tuesday morning.  I'm not sure
that Friday afternoon before a long weekend is the best time to be
debugging stuff like this!  :-)

> Your problem reminds me of why I like Postfix. ;-)

Yes, I may try postfix on a test box and see if it can handle this.  I
wouldn't mind switching to postfix in general.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |