[TriLUG] Who runs Red Hat Linux and KDE

zzd zzd at nc.rr.com
Sat May 24 13:33:12 EDT 2003

On Saturday May 24 2003 11:57 am, Matt Wilson wrote:

> No, KDE would be getting the shaft if we didn't ship it at all.
>Even more puzzling, however, is that we continue to get flack on this
>issue when other distributions have followed our lead.  When you
>install Mandrake Linux 9.1 you'll see that both GNOME and KDE have a
>new MandrakeGalaxy theme applied to theme.  No one calls that
>"bastardized" though.  Likewise, SuSE Linux 8.2 has a default KDE
>theme that includes its own window borders with the Geeko lizard
>mascot in the corners.
> Matt
> msw at redhat.com

And I wrote...
Feeling a little touchy this morning? Dude, you need to lighten up.
Personal preference is a big deal, and just because some people don't
like the way you customized KDE for RH, including me, is no big deal.

Yes, we know that a lot of effort and work went into this, and there are
others out there who I am sure appreciate those efforts. But sniping on
a mailing list only leaves a bad taste, and worse, reflects badly on
your employer Redhat.

Promote Linux, promote choice!