[TriLUG] Who runs Red Hat Linux and KDE

Matt Wilson msw at redhat.com
Sat May 24 13:53:46 EDT 2003

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 01:33:12PM -0400, zzd wrote:

> And I wrote...
> Feeling a little touchy this morning? Dude, you need to lighten up.
> Personal preference is a big deal, and just because some people don't
> like the way you customized KDE for RH, including me, is no big deal.

No, not feeling touchy.  I have no complaints against people who do
not care for the aesthetic appearance of the desktops in Red Hat
Linux.  It is impossible to please all people.  As I mentioned, you
can easily change the theme one more pleasing to you if you wish.

> Yes, we know that a lot of effort and work went into this, and there are
> others out there who I am sure appreciate those efforts. But sniping on
> a mailing list only leaves a bad taste, and worse, reflects badly on
> your employer Redhat.

I hope that people don't find my comments in any way aggressive or
offensive.  There were some factual errors (regarding things like
missing packages on ftp.kde.org) and these things need to be set
straight.

Cheers,

Matt
msw at redhat.com