[TriLUG] Who runs Red Hat Linux and KDE

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Sat May 24 04:41:17 EDT 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 02:0914pm, H.Wade Minter wrote:
> You're not promoting Linux if you use every possible opportunity to
> loudly proclaim the evilness of this distro or that distro, based on
> the fact that they don't do everything the way that you want them to
> do.  You're just hurting the community and the continuing inroads of
> Linux into the mainstream as a whole, and looking like a fool to
> boot.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is zzd's first post that has "loudly proclaimed the evilness"[1] of
Red Hat Linux distribution.

Are you sure that you are not seeing a storm in a glass of water?

> --Wade

[1] Let me see all this evilness proclaimed:

> Feeling a little touchy this morning? Dude, you need to lighten up.
> Personal preference is a big deal, and just because some people don't
> like the way you customized KDE for RH, including me, is no big deal.
>
> Yes, we know that a lot of effort and work went into this, and there
> are others out there who I am sure appreciate those efforts. But
> sniping on a mailing list only leaves a bad taste, and worse,
> reflects badly on your employer Redhat.
>
> Promote Linux, promote choice!

My English sure is not perfect. But in this text I see no claim of Red
Hat's eviless at all.

As Z said: "Dude, you need to lighten up."

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Testing Mandrake 9.1 -    Linux Machine # 38068