[TriLUG] OT? - RR now blocking email from dynamic IPs...

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Mon Jun 16 18:34:20 EDT 2003

But let's say I am at work, and I subscribe to trilug and my boss *only*
allows work related items to pass through his mail server.  If I subscribe
to trilug and my trilug acct sends messages to my rr account how am I
supposed to reply/send back to trilug from work.  My boss does allow me to
do so because my cox.net acct does not allow the use of smtp unless you are
on one of their IP addresses, unless you use the web based system.  This is
what I have resorted to because rr is blocking my business's IP subnet.  If
my "home" ISP allowed me to authenticate from work I would be much happier
and it would be easy to send my cox.net mail from my mail client instead of
using their web client, but to be reeeeeealy secure they choose to block
smtp traffic unless it comes from their subnets.

OK i'm done now
--chris