[TriLUG] Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 USB WebCam

Carlos J. Cela ccela at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 25 08:36:12 EDT 2003

I have setup a USB Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 with my RH system  (kernel
is a custom 2.4.20), using the built-in Phillips webcam driver. When
using GSpy and other apps that access the driver through  Video4Linux
layer using /dev/video0,  the webcam works but even when the image
captured is 640x480, the actual video is only about 140 pixels by 100 or
so pixels in the middle of the pic - the rest of it is solid grey.

I believe I should be able to capture on full 1024x768 with this webcam.
I have been unsuccesfully looking for a config file or any way to change
the actual capture resolution - Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carlos-