[TriLUG] OT: winmail.dat

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jun 26 10:08:56 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 10:01 AM, STaylor at srspos.com wrote:

> However I think that turning it on and leaving it on is just as
> inconvenient to me, a member of a mailing list, than manually
> encrypting/securing the mail you wish to send to colleagues/Business
> Partners you want to insure the mail for.

It's more inconvenient to have to wade through rich text emails.  Yours
are particularly hard to read as you have forced a small font upon me.
Your mail client *does* have an option to send plain text messages to
this recipient (trilug at trilug.org)

> It's just a matter of fact that M$ is part of the game. If you don't
> want to use it fine, don't use it. But don't give me Cr at p because I > do.

The only reason someone will give you crap is if you mangle your email
in a way that is detrimental to Linux people on a Linux mailing list.
Rich text email is one way, winmail.dat attachments are another.

Quoting *everything* and then top posting is also a breech of etiquette
but we don't need to go there today.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish