[TriLUG] Re: [Steering] Request for RTCW ET Server

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 26 14:08:20 EDT 2003

Tanner,

Myself and other LUG members enjoy playing the game.  Since we already have
a server setup for BZ, I assume it would be fair to establish a RTCW server
as well.  (If anyone else feels the same, now the time to be heard.)  I
picked Moya because I think that is the BZ server.  If its not, use the BZ
server.  If the server can not run both games at the same time, please
provide a fair schedule for both games to share our LUG's server.

RTCW is a WWII based game on the Quake III Arena engine.  It provides
classes, rank and team messaging.  The game is completely free for both
Windows and Linux.

I would imagine the requirements are similar to BZ.  I have seen a p3
500mhz run the client version with a voodoo 3 card and it was playable.  A
server does require a 3D card though.

JD

|         |           Tanner Lovelace  |
|         |           <lovelace at wayfare|
|         |           r.org>           |
|         |           06/26/2003 01:49 |
  |       To:       steering at trilug.org                                                                                          |
  |       cc:       John F Davis/Raleigh/IBM at ibmus                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Steering] Request for RTCW ET Server                                                                    |

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 13:39, John F Davis wrote:

> Hello
>
> Could we please have a RTCW ET server setup on moya?
>
> JD

John,

Could you please give us some reasons for and against setting
up such a server on the trilug machines (not necessarily moya)?
Also, please explain what RTCWET is for those of us that have no
idea.  In addition, please detail what the bandwidth requirements
for it are as we have a limited amount of bandwidth in our current
setup.

Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace(at)wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

#### signature.asc has been removed from this note on June 26, 2003 by John
F Davis