[TriLUG] exclusive access to TriLUG-owned hardware?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Jun 26 16:59:38 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 16:54, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 16:12, Magnus wrote:
>
> > Then there is email.  You did know that as a member you're entitled to
> > an email box, right?  The TriLUG email service are worth the trouble of
> > filling out a membership form all by itself.  Just a casual look at
> > moya shows me that we have quite a number of people using the email
> > service.  This is a list of the IMAP spools on moya.  People who use
> > POP3 or .forward won't have this, so the real number of trilug.org
> > mailboxes is higher:
>
> One small note, Chris.  POP3 is served from the same place
> as IMAP and we actually create that spool directory for all users
> so people who use .forward to direct their e-mail elsewhere will show
> up here too.

Actually, I'm fairly sure that we don't have POP3 enabled at all.
If we did, it would be the secure version on port 995, but
mail.trilug.org is refusing connections to port 995.  I guess since the
same UW-IMAP daemon can handle IMAP and POP3, it should be easy enough
to enable if someone really wants it.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |