[TriLUG] Request for RTCW ET Server

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 26 14:31:01 EDT 2003

Hello

Well thanks for being fair.  Did you guys come up with numbers for BZ
before you set it up?
The best way to get numbers is set up a server for a month.  You never
know, you might prefer it.  I am a very busy person, who is not going to
get numbers for you.  If you don't want to set it up, say so.

First it was ask sc member 1.  Then I was told to ask sc member 2.  Then
ask the list if there was interest.  Then ask steering committee.  ...  If
no one else is interested in taking the ball from here forget it.  Maybe I
need to nominate myself to the sc so I can get exclusive use of our hw as
well.

JD

|         |           Chris Knowles    |
|         |           <chrisk at trilug.or|
|         |           g>               |
|         |           trilug-admin at tril|
|         |           ug.org           |
|         |           06/26/2003 02:23 |
|         |           trilug           |
  |       cc:       TriLUG Steering Committee <steering at trilug.org>                                                              |
  |       Subject:  Re: [TriLUG] Request for RTCW ET Server                                                                      |

Sorry,  I apparently didn't post my response to the list.

reply-to's nail me again.

BZ is hosted from Moya, one of our servers at the co-lo.

However, one of our main concerns, beyond the open/closed debate is the
bandwidth usage.

If you could get us some concrete numbers, that would be very helpful.

(Also, if the server does require a 3d card, then it's a no go, but I
really don't think it does.)

CJK