[TriLUG] Re: [Steering] Request for RTCW ET Server

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jun 26 14:37:26 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 02:25 PM, John F Davis wrote:

> Free is first and formost in the purpose touted on the website.  Lets
> not
> quibble.

Free as in speech, not as in beer.

Get with the spirit of things.

> ... Park. TriLUG has been incorporated as a 501(c)3 educational
> non-profit
> for the purpose of promoting and supporting the use of Linux and
> related
> Free and Open Source programs in the Triangle area. We have monthly
> meetings, quarterly Installfests, and a very active ...
>

> I think this is a free program for linux in the triangle area.

Since when was RTCW ever free?  Last time I saw it, the thing cost like
$40.  And you didn't even get the source code.

Well, FWIW, I think I found a good answer to your problem;  there is
this ISP in the area that would probably gladly donate their bandwidth
to this worthy cause.  Contact the guys at http://www.skink.net

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish