[TriLUG] server hosting

jason at cerient.net jason at cerient.net
Thu Jun 26 16:14:39 EDT 2003

in light of several of the recent postings, i have an offer to share with
the group.  i have a /29 subnet for my business (5 usable public IP
addresses) but am only using two or three of them at the moment.  if
anyone is interested in co-locating a server at my place i'd be happy to
entertain the idea, i can't do it for free but i can probably come up with
a reasonable price.  maybe a bunch of people want to get together and do
something together?  i can provide a public routable IP address with no
ports being blocked, so pretty much anything should be able to run, no
funky port-forwarding or anything like that will be involved.  the only
catch is i don't have a lot of bandwidth, so anything requiring large
transfers is not going to work.  however, if the network load is fairly
light i don't think it will be a problem.

jason