[TriLUG] OT: more than _MTA_

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Fri Jun 27 08:32:11 EDT 2003

To make sure we are talking about the same thing... this first company has
an Exchange box that just sits there and passes mail to other systems?  It
has no message store and there are no clients that connect to it to read
mail?

--On Thursday, June 26, 2003 04:14:01 PM -0700 Turnpike Man
<turnpike420 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Funny that you say this... the company I am currently employed with
> "thought" they would use Exchange for all its glory and "more than MTA"
> use... turns out, after installation, had I known what I know now, these
> guys could easily replace Exchange with Sendmail... funny how that
> happens.
>
> On the other hand, the company I am consulting at right now, can't wait
> to get their hands on Exchange Server for all the other non MTA aspects.
>
> just my $0.02!
>
> David M.
>
> --- Dan Monjar <daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com> wrote:
>
>> Just an assumption on my part... but it would seem to be exceptionally
>> silly to go to the trouble of installing Exchange to use as _just_ an
>> MTA.

> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:

Daniel Monjar
IS Manager, Technical Services