[TriLUG] minimal ftp host

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 27 15:36:20 EDT 2003

The real key here is to limit anonymous uploads to a small partition
(well make it large enough to suit your needs...).  The partition should
be a stand-alone one.

I'm sure you know that you *cannot* allow anonymous access to any of the
anonymous uploaded files.  VSftp has a nice feature where it changes the
rights/ownership of any uploaded anonymous file.  Use that!

Since my anonymous users don't need to create directories I forbid them
from doing it.

I also like to run a security script every 10-20 minutes that checks on
the rights structure of my FTP directories, and enforces those rights.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes