[TriLUG] bzflag and nvidia geforce4 mx 3d acceleration not found

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Sat Jun 28 17:00:49 EDT 2003

Yup.  the drivers from NVIDIA are critical, and it's not a problem with
the new version.

The symptoms you are suggesting are exactly what you see when opengl is
not actually installed/working.

If you want to see the framerate, press t while in the game.  y shows
you the latency (kinda, it's a weird meter.  I've only seen large
numbers when the connection is TRULY a problem.)

Of course, these and other hints are all detailed in the man pages for
bzflag.  ('man bzflag')

Also, if you have upgraded to the new 1.7g2 version, you might want to
put a '-anonymous' on the command line, or else it tacks "user at host" to
your nick.

Hope to see you out there.  :)

CJK

--