[TriLUG] bzflag and nvidia geforce4 mx 3d acceleration not found

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sat Jun 28 23:08:54 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 17:00, Chris Knowles wrote:
> Yup.  the drivers from NVIDIA are critical, and it's not a problem with
> the new version.
>
> The symptoms you are suggesting are exactly what you see when opengl is
> not actually installed/working.
>
> If you want to see the framerate, press t while in the game.  y shows
> you the latency (kinda, it's a weird meter.  I've only seen large
> numbers when the connection is TRULY a problem.)
>
> Of course, these and other hints are all detailed in the man pages for
> bzflag.  ('man bzflag')
>
> Also, if you have upgraded to the new 1.7g2 version, you might want to
> put a '-anonymous' on the command line, or else it tacks "user at host" to
> your nick.

Personally, I like the 'user at host' designation in the nick, and I'm
saddened to see that there's a way to turn it off. It helps keep track
of people who like to change nicknames all the time.  We've had a lot of
'random' people on recently (some of these are friends of TriLUG
members, which is fine) and it's nice to get an idea of who a new person
is.

--Jeremy