[TriLUG] DSL opinions

Joshua Bedick joshua at gratedtech.com
Thu Jul 3 17:53:28 EDT 2003

Hello Josh,

I'll throw in votes for both Verizon and Britsys.  I've used both and as
long as you don't need support Verizon is pretty good.  Their techs aren't
local and read from a script, but I guess you get that in any big org.  I
had them first and it was ok.  The reason I changed is I needed a static IP
and I got that through Britsys for $0.05 more / month.

Britsys on the other hand has great techs.  When I first got DSL from them
Verizon had to enable it first (Britsys resells over the local lines) and
then they would turn it on 7-10 days they said.  Well as soon as my DSL
modem went green I called up and the first technical person I talked to
reconfigured their routers to accept my IP info.  I was up within 15 minutes
of calling.  You don't usually get that kind of service from the big
companies.  Also, they are located here in Durham.  I can drive down to
their offices anytime I want. . . hehe.  (Westgate behind the gravel pit
formerly known as SouthSquare).

Joshua Bedick

Joshua Bedick
Integrated Technology, Inc.