[TriLUG] Looking to share a server...

Jeffery Painter painter at kiasoft.com
Mon Jul 7 22:57:38 EDT 2003

I've been using rosehosting.com for almost a year now and have been very
pleased with their service.

for $49.95 a month I get my own virtual server with 3 gig drive space and
can host up to 20 domains.

I currently host most of my clients through virtual servers this way and
they run redhat 7.3... not the most current distro, but I can install
whatever software I want/need on there.

I have lost service probably 4 or 5 times over the past year but never
for more than an hour or so and scheduled maintenance is always posted
well in advance so you can prepare.

I recommend them. For the price, it's hard to beat. they have a silver
plan for $30 a month if you don't need over 2 gig of space, but their
default install of redhat had a ton of rpm's installed that i didn't need
and had to clean out myself to lower the disk usage. they include the
installation of the os and any apps installed as part of the overall disk
usage.

I got my server down to about 800 meg and left me with 2.2 gig of usable
space to serve from. you could probably do better if you tweaked more but
I was being cautious not to remove anything that would screw up my server
;)

--

Jeff Painter
painter at kiasoft.com