[TriLUG] uClinux

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Tue Jul 8 16:42:53 EDT 2003

I've been googling around for about a week now and have found some
information, but the 'light bulb' has not gone off yet...

Has anyone on the list used/has experience with uClinux?

Is it possible to experiment with these microprocessors (like the
Motorola Coldfire) without buying the expensive 'evaluation boards'?

I would initially like to build an embedded device with 2 serial and 2
ethernet ports, I *assume* that once uClinux is on the uC, then I will
be able to experiment through a serial terminal...

I should have more questions, but I haven't learned enough to know what
to ask yet!  If anyone on the list has experience with this, I would
love to have a short phone conversation with you to pick your brain, in
exchange maybe for a six pack of your favorite brew. Contact me off-list
if you don't mind the intrusion!

TIA!

--mike