[TriLUG] kernel question

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 15 08:31:10 EDT 2003

If I accidently included symmetric multi-processing support into my
kernel on a machine which has only one processor.  By including this
option do I face and kind of a performance hit on my single processor
machine?  Even though I did include this option built-into my kernel I
did not compile the kernel with options telling it to compile for N
number of processors.  I'm running the 2.4.21 kernel.  If the kernel is
fine as-is I'll just leave well enough alone until I upgrade again - if
not, I'll recompile.  Thoughts?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Fry?

Greg