[TriLUG] (Slightly OT)New Bill in Congress would make file-swapping a felony

Lee elfick at trilug.org
Fri Jul 18 08:14:35 EDT 2003

Michael Thompson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 14:43, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
>>I dearly hope that people turn away from RIAA artists and discover some
>>of the wonderful music on the smaller labels.
>
> And, I believe this should be the way to fight the RIAA...  It may be more
> difficult to endure the hardship of a "non-commercialized" music collection,
> but nobody ever said freedom was free...

I'm one of those persons, though I do have to admit that I bought 2 CDs
in the past year (not including the Animatrix CD). What I'd like to know
is if anyone knows of a web site that organizes people that are trying
to do this. I don't download music either, I just go without. I believe
in letting my almighty dollar do my talking, but my dollar by itself
isn't that loud.

-Lee