[TriLUG] Announcement: New NCSU Linux Users Group Forming

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 31 09:28:05 EDT 2003

Sounds more like an "anti-group" than a pro-interest group.  You might
want to work on your charter a little and make it more positive. "The
enemy of my enemy" works fine for awhile, but unless you have some
positive goals you are not going to grow or maintain membership.

How about something like a local Linux Applications Group, where you
specialize on the applications that make Linux fun and easy to use.
Beginners and cross-over users (those windows folks) are all welcome.
All of us are beginners at some time or another, so come ease your
transition into the new world of Linux and Open Source with LAG (or
NCLAG)

Good Luck.