[TriLUG] Mozilla 1.4 mailcap/mime.types question

Ken Wahl ken at kenwahl.org
Thu Aug 7 12:11:14 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 08:54:07AM -0400, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> I was wondering if any of you have figured out where Mozilla 1.4 looks
> for systemwide (for multiuser installs) mailcap/mime.types information?
>  We are migrating from an old version of Netscape to Mozilla 1.4.
> Netscape looked for it in /usr/local/lib/netscape/mailcap and
> /usr/local/lib/netscape/mime.types.  Any pointers would be appreciated!

Not sure but might be worth looking at...

On my Red Hat 9 box using Mozilla 1.4 from mozilla.org, I have 2
mimeTypes.rdf files.  One in ~/.mozilla and one in
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/defaults/profile

/usr/lib/mozilla is a symlink pointing to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4
--
Ken Wahl  ken at kenwahl.org  http://www.kenwahl.org