[TriLUG] TriLUG Current server setup with Red Hat 9

Justin Johnson justin at deepbluesoftware.com
Sat Aug 9 23:38:11 EDT 2003

Has anyone had any problems getting up2date set up with the Trilug
Current server under Red Hat 9? I'm trying to get my newly installed
system updated, and I figured I would go ahead and set it up using the
Trilug server. Unfortunately I am not getting very far. I am following
the directions provided at
http://members.trilug.org/services_faq/TriLUG-mail-faq-4.html#ss4.5 ,
however it does not seem t be working. So far I have done the following:

[as root; up2date 3.1.23.1-5]
1. Backed up original up2date file, as in #cp up2date up2date_orig

2. Downloaded http://members.trilug.org/TRILUG-CA-CERT to
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/TRILUG-CA-CERT

3. Download http://members.trilug.org/up2date-3.0 to
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

4. run up2date from the command line. This is where things go south. At
this point, whether I use the --nox option or not (i've been throught
this multiple time now, trying every variation I can think of), I get to
the Redhat Network Configuration window. I put in a user name and
password (also tried without user/password), and then hit 'OK'. Next
time I run up2date, I get the Red Hat Update Agen window, but the first
click on 'Forward' button and it disappears. If I run up2date --nox, I
get a message saying the system appears to already be registered and
then that disappears.

Here is what I have noticed that I am  NOT seeing happening in reference
to the docs on the TriLUG site.
 1. The file 'systemid.trilug' never gets created.
 2. I never see a "rilug-specifc privacy policy"

Basically things get weird around the 4th bullet of section 4.5 of the
member services FAQ. I've been through these steps on both the new
system I set up today, and then tried it on my laptop which is also
running RedHat 9. If anyone has any idea on where I am going astray.
_please_ help me out. I've been at this for a couple of hours now and I
am going a bit loopy.

TIA,
Justin