[TriLUG] Intel withdraws as a sponsor of SCO Forum 2003

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Wed Aug 13 23:06:13 EDT 2003

(from http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000921.html)

 From Bruce Perens:

For the past several months, Intel had been listed as "Gold Sponsor" of
"SCO Forum 2003", SCO's Las Vegas trade show. Now, Intel appears to have
quietly withdrawn its support for the show. SCO's web site, at
http://www.sco.com/2003forum/sponsors.html , has replaced Intel with CRN
as "Gold Sponsor. Press organizations like CRN generally don't have big
bucks on hand for trade show sponsorship, and I surmise that they are
listed there only as a place-holder to prevent embarassment for SCO.

     HP is still listed as "Premier Sponsor" of the SCO event, despite
criticism from just about everyone associated with Linux and Open Source.

</endqote>

Its time to let Carly know how we feel about their SCO support:
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/fiorina/index.html

Peace.

john