[TriLUG] Re: Cable Modem and Linux

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Aug 14 10:55:15 EDT 2003

Roberto J. Dohnert wrote:

> I am moving to a new house and where i used to live I had DSL, with
> the new place I am getting RoadRunner.  I run Yellowdog Linux 3.0 and
> Red Hat Linux 9, I was wondering if there were any specific drivers I
> need to load or anything special I need to do with Linux to get it to
> work properly with Cable.  People can reply through the lists or you
> can send me a private e-mail.

Greetings,

I've been running RH Linux with RR for over 2 years now with no special
requirements.  I've got an ethernet connected cablemodem so all I need
is a NIC in my computer to talk to the cablemodem.  Don't know what
you'll need to do if you get a USB-connected cablemodem (do they make
such beasts?)

--[Lance]

--
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/