[TriLUG] Computer Getting Slow

mpdickens at tlanta.com mpdickens at tlanta.com
Thu Aug 21 21:13:31 EDT 2003

Tom Boucher wrote:

> I disagree.  I find this a complete and utter cop out for any computer
> tech that feels this is a good way of 'troubleshooting' any system no
> matter what the OS.

My two cents:

I agree. Reloading a system is the path of least resistance. In any
situation
where knowledge is gained from experience (Such as figuring out what is
eating system resources and then fixing the culprit), the path of least
resistance
removes any opportunity opportunity to learn. And as we all know, if you
don't
learn how things work, you'll end up reloading systems forever instead
of applying
knowledge that enables you to repair a problem in a matter of minutes.

Best regards

Marvin Dickens