[TriLUG] broadband in the Triangle area

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sun Aug 24 12:00:08 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 21:36, Ben Pitzer wrote:

> One last thing:  If you decide to go with cable, buy your own cable modem.
> The $5 or so you save every month will pay for that modem in about 1.5 years
> or better.

Heya Ben,
Thanks for all the info.

If you do buy your own cable modem, can you actually get the ISPs to
refund the "rental" charge?  If so, how do you go about doing that?
It's certainly not itemized on my bill (which comes from Time-Warner
Cable, even though I have Earthlink service.)

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |