[TriLUG] broadband in the Triangle area

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 24 13:10:54 EDT 2003

Jeremy,

If you already have a cable modem before setting your service up, tell the
customer service rep that when you call to get an account.  They'll need the
MAC of your modem to add into the system for provisioning.  If you already
have service, and buy a modem, call customer service, and they'll provision
your modem, deprovision your old modem, and you'll need to return the
TWC-owned modem.  They can probably be able to tell you were you can do
that.  From that point on, make sure your bill reflects that $5/month
difference for ISP services.  Ask the CSR how that will show on your bill
from there on out, and they should be able to tell you.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 --Ben Franklin--