[TriLUG] PHP for Mandrake 9.1

zzd zzd at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 3 12:29:26 EDT 2003

On Wednesday September 03 2003 11:34 am, jsevans at nc.rr.com wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find a walkthough specifically detailing
> how to set up PHP on a Mandrake 9.1 box?  I have fought with this for
> a couple of weeks, and I am just about ready to just go back to
> standard html.
>
> Everytime I have tried to set up PHP using the directions that are
> given, I either end up with a page that is full of code, or a prompt
> to download the page because Mozilla does not recognize the format.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Also, I don't have any money for professional assistance, because
> this is just my personal homepage, and I am trying to learn just for
> my own information.  Thanks.

Remove all php and apache rpms, backup, then delete all files in the
/etc/httpd/ directory, do the same with /etc/php/ and finally backup
then remove /etc/php.ini. Your system is now ready for reinstalling
both apache and php.

Install the apache and php rpms. Create a test page in /var/www/html
called test.php and place this line of code in it <?php print
phpinfo(); ?> Then use your browser to view it
http://localhost/test.php

Please provide more detail if you did not get this to work